I gotta have options...

In 2013 I'm making my HOUSE a HOME. It's going to, most likely, take all year but I'm OK with that. Taking my time and doing it right is more important than a quick fix. I have a tendency to not be patient and get things that work for the moment but aren't (really) what I totally had in mind. So, I'm committed to being patient, while saving $$ and looking for the perfect paint colors, furniture & accessories. We will have some fun tutorials throughout the year, repurposing of old things and DIY improvements around the house. But we have to start somewhere right?

Paint. This is my favorite part and really the hardest decision for me to make. I fell in love with all of The Handmade Home's  beautiful spaces and I'm using those as a reference for inspiration. I do not have a lot of light in my home because all of the windows are in the back of the house, so we are trying to lighten things up a bit! Have you ever noticed though that when you're trying to make a change you always naturally gravitate to what you already have? It happens to me every time! Want a tip? Keep a picture of your inspiration room handy on your phone - that way when you go to make purchase - whether it is paint or accessories, you stay focused in the NEW direction. Who wants to put all of the time in effort just redoing what has already been done? Right?

My home is pretty open - so the paint color I am choosing will be in all of the main living spaces. Below is an example of two of the gorgeous rooms over at The Handmade Home...

Their "Before" photos are VERY similar to my NOW. :)






These are my paint choices. The MIDDLE color is what was used in all of the "After" photos. It is Benjamin Moore's Whispering Spring. 


See that smudge? That's what happens when you try to paint with two 5 years olds running around. LOL At least my test spot will be covered by my curtains. :)

Also, because I would love your vote on color, below are some of the prints I have scattered throughout my house to give you a better idea of the direction I'm heading....all of the prints are by Katie Daisy and can be found here in her Etsy shop {the wheatfield}.






So...feel like helping a girl out? I would love your input!

6 comments:

Sarah Carletti said...

Wow, love the prints and so hard to choose. I love the white and the blue-ish color on the right!

Chronicles Of A Mommy said...

Thanks for your help Sarah! Yes, the prints are my FAVE!!! She has a lot of great ones!

emily said...

LOVE those prints. I have been a fan of those for a while. I may have to get a few for our house, too :) I like the warmth the one on the far left brings. It has a bit of blue-ish green which I think will be nice to have some color but not much.

Chronicles Of A Mommy said...

Thanks Emily! I LOVE the prints and have even bought a few of her greeting cards and framed them in 5x7s which adds a fun pop on the cheap. ;)

RACHEL TaoOfPoop said...

The after looks so much fresher, for sure.

melissa beaver said...

We are in the process of gong from toasted almond to subtle gray in our home. the difference is amazing! i love how bright and airy it feels now. my floor plan is very similar to yours. and i too plan to adore my walls with some Katie Daisy!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS