My agreement....

Have you ever noticed when you feel called to do something or set a new goal for yourself, you instantly get side tracked? It's like you have to retrain your mind. You have to purposeful focus on this new task or goal. Sometimes I feel like it is giving my brain a work out, especially because the rest of the world doesn't stop - sometimes it even feels like it speeds up!

So, I've decided, I'm staking my claim and agreeing with myself. I'm going to OWN the things that I have always secretly been, but now will claim them boldly, and proudly, because they are, after all, parts of me that God has made. Why shouldn't I lay claim to the things He has called me to? To do so, I have to lay down what I feel I am able to do in my own ability and rest surely & confidently in His hands.

I want 2013 to be the best year yet and with January already almost over, there are 11 more months to make fantastic and that will bring a whole new season of life for our family. I want us all to be prepared and sure footed. Like when you're driving down the road you naturally go in the direction you're focused on - heaven forbid I try to look at something off to the side because that will be the new direction we will be going! I don't think anyone is prepared for my version of "off roading!"

What are you agreeing or hoping for in this new year? Let me encourage you to stake your claim on your goal! Claiming whatever it may be is the first step in changing. A year from now, you will be glad you took the leap of faith.




2 comments:

angie said...

I want 2013 to be my best year yet, too. Peacemaker sounds wonderful. I'm also going for healthy.

Chronicles Of A Mommy said...

I'm going for healthy too Angie! We've gotten our diet dialed in and I FINALLY have found a work out I ENJOY - I think that is key! :)

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS