Design Love - Baby Boy Nursery

I told you I'd be at it again...helping another sweet friend get ready for their bouncing baby BOY. I just can't help myself. It's just too much fun dreaming up rooms for people - especially babies! 

I started with two things - the bedding my friend received as a gift and the knowledge that they are a family of music lovers. Since the bedding is very neutral, I knew I wanted to find a piece of artwork as my jumping off point. Enter the awesome guitar watercolor (#4) - this was exactly what I was looking for and keeps with my "it can be put in any room of the house later" rule. ;)

So, imagine with me......


 Benjamin Moore's Stonington Gray on three walls with one main accent wall of REMOVABLE chevron wallpaper. Yes, you read right - removable - and you'll never believe where I found it....Wal-Mart. YOWZA! I couldn't believe it either. So, we have our gray walls and chevron accent wall. The crib will be against the chevron wall with the beautiful neutral bedding and fun pop of the retro vespa print blankie. The large watercolor guitar print hanging above the crib flanked by the ABCs & 123s. 

Navy or yellow dhurrie rug on the floor and gorgeous navy drapes on the window. In the corner will be the slipcovered glider, and instead of an official ottoman, I chose a larger pouf. My friends have a young daughter so I know she will love hanging out in the nursery too once baby brother arrives. I wanted there to be enough seating. I imagine 2 or 3 of the wire baskets hanging on the wall by the glider to hold nursery books. 

On the opposite side of the room I chose a dresser that will grow with baby boy and be very sturdy and will fit a changing pad. Having two boys of my own I have realized where the splurges need to be - that is on durable furniture that will LAST....and it doesn't hurt that you could do touch up with a marker most likely when the inevitable Hot Wheel goes flying through the air. lol Above the dresser are reclaimed wood shelves to hold baby essentials in the chevron caddy and a few knick knacks. Above the shelves would be a collage of the music print, cross, and note. 

So, what do you think? I'm kind of thinking my boys need a little bit of this goodness for their room. :) I hope you have an awesome day! 

***SOURCES***
1. ABC & 123 print can be found here on Etsy. 2. Benjamin Moore's Stonington Gray is a favorite all around neutral. 3. Yellow chevron removable temporary wallpaper found here. GASP! 4. Guitar Water color can be found here on Etsy. 5. Pottery Barn Kids bedding 6. Curtains from West Elm  7. Wire basket from Pottery Barn 8. Mesa glider from Posh Tots 9. Bazaar pouf from West Elm 10. Dhurrie rug from West Elm 11. Retro Vespa & VW blankie can be found here on Etsy 12. St. Jude Owls from West Elm 13. Reclaimed wood shelving 14. Music typography can be found here on Etsy 15. Cross found here on Etsy 16. Note found here on Etsy 17. Diaper caddy 18. Camp Extra-Wide dresser from Pottery Barn Kids


1 comment:

Sarah Carletti said...

You did a beautiful job. I love the colors and unique pieces!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS