This is my first Miscellany Monday - and because I've been down with some crazy flu/cold/sinus infection horribleness (yes, its a word....I think) I am hoping the medicine I finally decided to take is helping me form somewhat proper sentences. So, here it goes....
1. This is my sweet Doctor on duty, Ruby Jane, although she prefers to be called "Dr. Rainbow." She's very efficient, brings me wet washcloths for my head and administers cough drops like she's been out of med school for ten years - and she's only five - so that's impressive.
2. Dr. Rainbow and my sweet boys kept me company with the occasional quick snuggle and bringing me drawings and random toys to keep me busy.
3. My friends have been talking about Downton Abbey - I was clueless and now I am addicted. I can't say being sick accomplishes nothing because I have watched all of Season 1 & 2 and caught up in 3. I'm afraid to count how many hours of television that is but it was totally worth it. Best.show.ever. Free Bates!
4. Before getting sick, I met with a bunch of awesome women to discuss ChristianMom Talk, which I also write for. It was so cool to get all of their feedback and see how consistent their needs were as Moms. It was also a great time of prayer & worship. Being a Mom and knowing your authority in Christ - woa - two very powerful things.
5. Instagram keeps me sane. From updates on all of my friends that make me smile to great reminders like this one.
So, I hope this Monday finds you well! I am hoping to be on the mend. I feel like I am buried in germs and laundry which are my LEAST two favorite combinations, but with my little helpers we are going to make the best of it, one thing at a time. :) They are always successful in finding a way to have fun. I am blessed.