A Call to Action


We are living in a time where we do not have to look very hard for tragedy. Whether it is the recent attack in Boston or the disappearance of a young child on their way to school - tragedy is across the country, across the nations, and in your back yard. 

If ever there was a time to take responsibility for your faith - it is now. Too often we allow ourselves to be plagued by the deficiencies  of our humanity and not call forth the power that we have in the Name of Jesus. It’s easier to be self sufficient and only focus our prayers on our loved ones or our circle. We take for granted that our neighbor who we rarely speak to also needs prayer or that our kids school needs to be covered as well. We allow ourselves to think that our one single prayer won’t define the course of our nation. Well, what if it did? Is my prayer any more powerful than yours? Because of my son’s youth is his prayer for everyone he loves to be saved less likely to be heard by our God than mine? I don’t think so. 

If we aren’t praying for these things - who is? I have the privilege of knowing some very strong, beautifully spoken intercessors who intercede on the behalf of our city and state on a regular basis. When I pray, it isn’t an eloquently worded prayer to God - it is a Mother’s cry for help. It isn’t pretty and my words are fumbled but when I pray I know that God honors my heart and my prayers and I know that someone - for that moment - has lifted my children’s school, my city, my state, my country, up in prayer. 

What if we all joined together to do that? What if we could flood Heaven’s Gate with our prayers for our country and for the next generation? I believe we could change the world.

Is this going to prevent bad things from happening to good people? No. We live in a world riddled with sin where God has given each of us free will to choose - follow Him or don’t, good verses evil. When evil shows itself in this world, we must remember that “Good” has already won. The enemy has been defeated. We must take responsibility for our faith and choose every day to trust in Him. Rely on His Word and His Promises to us. Being a Christian does not insure an easy walk, but it gives us the perspective to praise God for who He is and who we are in Him. Take your authority in Him, take a stand. Let’s take ACTION and widen our scope of prayer. In Him, we can make a difference.

14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. 
 Matthew 5:14-16

1 comment:

JoJo Mackin said...

Kacey, I love this post! You are right. Our cries for help can move Heaven and earth! Keep writing. Your words will make a difference!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS